- Salary: £30,000 - 40,000
- Location: Weston-super-Mare
- Contract: Permanent
Our client, based within the food ingredient sector, are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to come on board and spearhead sales into a diverse range of markets including food, beverage, beauty and industrial. The Business Development Manager will have a solid background in B2B sales, a knowledge of how to leverage digital marketing to increase sales and a willingness to travel to clients and attend trade shows. The successful candidate will possess all the above along with a genuine interest in sales and a hunger to succeed. In return the Business Development Manager will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
· To sell ingredient products to food and non-food clients across UK, Europe and world-wide
· Network at industry specific events and push sales in UK and internationally.
· To visit clients on an ad-hoc basis in the UK and internationally
· Calling clients via telephone, email, digital marketing to generate new sales.
· Identify and research new/under-served customers.
· Work alongside the marketing team to assist and advise on marketing and promotional campaigns.
· A solid background in B2B sales – food/ingredients (min. 2 years).
· Experience selling to food ingredient markets.
· Experience selling to international markets.
· Knowledge of digital marketing, ability to utilise to promote products and increase sales.
· Manage a portfolio of key accounts and maximise sales and profit.
· Identify new opportunities.
· Exceptional communications skills and ability to build rapport.
· Prompt and accurate reporting to the General Manager as required
· Good IT skills
· Will be required to travel to exhibitions and trade fairs both in the UK and abroad.
· Develop long lasting relationships with key accounts and ensure they receive an excellent service.
· Develop new markets and business opportunities.
· Speaking one of the European languages (German, French, Spanish) preferred
· Food science background preferred.
KEYWORDS: BDM, sales, B2B, business development, targets, accounts, account management, food, ingredients, German speaking, Spanish speaking, French speaking, food science, digital marketing
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.