The Business Connection cares about the environment and are committed to continuous improvement to reduce, re-use, recycle and create sustainable solutions.
We minimise the impact of travel: –
- We encourage our workforce to travel to work by public transport, car-share, bicycle, or by walking;
- Wherever possible, public transport is used to attend meetings.
We conserve energy wherever possible: –
- Turn off appliances when not in use; Use rechargeable batteries for all mobile appliances.
Waste minimisation and recycling
We reduce, re-use and recycle waste: –
- Recycle waste – paper, cardboard, plastics, glass, tin and aluminium;
- Return toner cartridges to suppliers for re-use and support charity toner appeals;
- Reduce printing and paper waste through monitoring systems;
- Re-use printed paper for internal work;
- Minimise paper use by storing information digitally rather than as paper files;
- Use 100% recycled paper for printing and stationery products where possible;
- We have a “minimal replacement strategy” whereby we extend the life of all computers, re-using old machines where possible or stripping them for spares.
We also: –
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products;
- Ensure that all employees know and understand the policy and what is expected of them;
- Comply with environmental legislation, regulations and government guidance;
- Constantly seek to improve our environmental performance through monitoring systems and policy reviews.