- Salary: £27,000 - £30,000 Plus commission
- Location: Birmingham
- Contract: Permanent
We are currently seeking a professional, experienced Business Development Manager to market and sell our client’s products nationwide. The ideal candidate will come from a strong sales/new business background, have a driving licence and have a proven track record in developing business within the construction sector.
This will be a field-based role and UK-wide travelling will be required.
– Planning and carrying out customer visits to a regular agreed schedule to ensure full coverage of the area.
– Build strong working relationships with your new clients/suppliers
– Adhering to company policy and procedures in all aspects of sales and marketing activities within the area.
– Servicing all aspects of customer relationship including sales, promotions, assistance with customer after sales service, inventory checks and credit control activities.
– Collecting and reporting market intelligence information and adhering and contributing to the company’s management information and sales database systems including submission of weekly activity reports.
– Book own appointments with potential new clients and attend the meetings
– Attendance at public, trade and dealer/park shows including participation in and supervision of build up and breakdown activities.
– Identify and progress larger opportunities
– Carry out live demonstrations of the products to senior management/Buying departments
– Providing local support to the company’s response service to potential retail customer enquiries emanating from the internet, e-mail, telephone and postal enquiries.
– Generate own pipeline whilst scheduling follow up activity
– Meet customer requirements in a timely and friendly manner
Proven track record of selling into the construction sector – used to working within a very fast paced environment
Able to multitask many accounts / opportunities simultaneously
At least four years’ worth of Business Development experience with the ability to build strong relationships quickly and effectively
Be the day to day point of contact for clients/ new suppliers
A proven track record of strategic sales, which you will need to provide during your interview process
Confident with presenting and conducting product demonstrations
Consistent communication skills i.e. in constant contact with a high level of verbal and written communication skills. This is essential.
Action-oriented, ensuring the team is meeting customer demands and targets in an agreed period
Confident with clients and customers with an open, enthusiastic, and positive approach
The ability to work within a team with flexibility to support the business
The ability to build rapport with your team quickly
Attention to detail in all forms of communication
Ability to manage numerous tasks at one time and stay focused on the delivery
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.