- Salary: £17,000 pro rata
- Location: Chester, North West
- Contract: Temporary
Working for this award-winning business in Chester, the Web Content Writer will work as part of a fast paced SEO team and involved in creating optimised content on websites and 3rd party websites. The perfect candidate will be required to create unique engaging copy that is both optimised for search engines and informative to customers. The Web Content Writer role would be ideal for candidates taking their first steps in an exciting career within digital marketing
Based within a well-established, progressive company you will be rewarded with an exceptional working environment. This is a fixed term contract for 6 weeks, though may be extended.
To apply for the Web Content Writer role, you must have proven experience as a Content Writer/SEO role or similar position, knowledge of SEO best practices and experience using Content Management Systems. The Web Content Writer will have a natural flair with written content that will ultimately inspire website visitors to make a purchase.
The role involves using a variety of techniques to discover and analyse potential keywords that written website content can be optimised with, to ensure our products achieve the best possible rankings in organic search results, whilst meeting customers’ expectations. Furthermore, the role will involve an analytical approach to ensure written content is also measured against conversion rates to drive efficiency at the point of sale.
· Create, update and enhance content upon the website
· Undertake keyword research to ensure written content is optimised
· Provide the PR and Social teams with interesting products that can be used as part of marketing activity
· Be an advocate for written content and be able to communicate its importance to the wider business
· Previous experience as a Content Writer/SEO role or similar position
· Knowledge of SEO best practices
· Experience using Content Management Systems
Nice to have:
· Educated to degree level in a relevant subject (Creative Writing, English, or Journalism)
· Portfolio of creative work
· Experience using Google Analytics
· Experience of working effectively as part of a team
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Keywords: Content, SEO, content management, Google Analytics
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds