- Salary: £23-25,000
- Location: Chester, North West
- Contract: Permanent
Working for this established and growing organisation, the Technical Support Administrator will be key to the continued success of the business. The Technical Support Administrator will work as part of a small team to provide a professional customer focused administration service to the IT team and ensuring that the most effective systems and processes are followed at all times and customers’ needs are not just consistently met but also exceeded. The Technical Support Administrator will be rewarded with 25 days’ holidays plus Bank Holidays.
Overview of Responsibilities
This successful applicant will work closely with both the IT and operational teams, report to the IT Director and will ensure that standard processes are applied across the business. The primary focus will be the use of IT systems, but the role will also involve the review of manual processes and spreadsheets used across the sites.
The key areas include:
· Training; ensuring that best practices are implemented across the group. This will include the creation of training documents and the running of in-house training sessions.
· Updating / creating system documentation along with release notes linked with future software updates to all systems.
· Co-ordination of all user testing required as part of future software releases. This will require the person to work closely with other departments across the business to ensure that all testing is completed and documented to a strict timetable, including regression testing for major releases.
The successful candidate will also be the interface between the IT department and the user base on major IT related projects. These plans currently include the introduction of barcoding and CRM solutions.
This role will suit a person who has a structured approach to work and is able self-manage a list of agreed objectives. You will also need to be comfortable working with people at all levels up to CFO / CEO. Experience of dealing with people in a commercial environment would be advantageous, as would a good knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint). The role will involve some travel.
• Must have a clear understanding of the importance of customer service to both internal and external customers
• Confident in working both independently and as part of a team
• Must be highly organised and work well under pressure with an ability to prioritise effectively
• Must be self-motivated, with an ability to organise own workload efficiently
• Experience of working within an IT administration team, operating similar processes and systems
• Problem solving experience, with sound analytical skills
Keywords: Administrator, administration, customer service, technical admin, technical administration, IT admin, System support
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds