- Salary: £18,000
- Location: Chester, Cheshire
- Contract: Permanent
Working for this well-established company who have a strong reputation in their industry, the Payroll Compliance Officer will be key to ensuring that, as a team, payroll functions are completed to a high standard of 100% accuracy and compliance. The Payroll Compliance Officer role will deal with and take appropriate follow up action with all payroll queries, either by email or phone. The successful Payroll Compliance Officer will be rewarded with an exceptional working environment, free parking, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, company pension scheme and social events.
To apply for the Payroll Compliance Officer role, you should possess a strong understanding of, and experience with, compliance functions in a fast-paced payroll environment with a strong knowledge of payroll calculations and tax procedures. The Payroll Compliance Officer will have strong attention to detail and take pride in the standard of their work. Due to the rural location of the office, you should have you own transport.
· Ensure all right-to-work checks are completed and verified accurately and efficiently, in accordance to legal departments, whilst working to deadlines, to ensure that staff are paid correctly and on time each week.
· Maintain 100% accuracy with all compliance duties, avoiding errors and any issues.
· Ensure all expense claims are 100% compliant in accordance with guidelines and expenses policy
· Ensure all compliance functions and processes are completed in line with the FCSA code
· Maintain accurate, weekly records of all staff right-to-work and expense claims.
· Competently deal with and take appropriate follow up action with all queries in relation to company policies and practices
· Quality-check status assessments, ensuring that these meet and exceed industry compliance standards.
· Maintain all compliance process documents, through frequent reviews of regulated guidelines, ensuring that any legislative changes are updated
· Adhoc duties when necessary to support the business.
· Maintain high levels of communication across internal departments, as well as externally to deliver a world-class service.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Experience working in a fast-paced office environment
· Fantastic customer-service skills
· Ability to work to deadlines
· Experience in dealing with high volumes of incoming calls
· Confidence engaging with staff regarding payroll, expenses and right to work queries over the phone and via email
· Good communication skills
· Able to work well in a team, and provide support to colleagues to ensure that, as a team, functions are completed to a high standard of 100% accuracy and compliance
· A strong understanding of, and experience with, compliance functions & procedures
Compliance, payroll, admin. compliance
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds