- Salary: £45000 - £50000 Per Annum
- Location: Birkenhead, North West
- Contract: Permanent
Working for this established and growing organisation, the Marketing Manager will support and develop the brand proposition across all sectors and target segments, with specific responsibility to develop relationships with key internal and external clients, for market share growth. This includes high level management of a small team of marketing staff to ensure day to day marketing deadlines and longer term objectives are measured, reported and achieved. The Marketing Manager role is required to develop, implement and measure the performance of sales and marketing strategies whilst operating strictly within FCA and PECR Regulations. The Marketing Manager will be rewarded with 25 days’ holidays plus Bank Holidays, a contributory pension scheme, death in service, healthcare and annual pay reviews.
To apply for the Marketing Manager, you will have a minimum of 5 years previous, proven marketing management experience and possess a good understanding of the insurance or financial market and related products, with the ability to deal professionally with internal and external clients. You will possess a strong working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook and have the capacity to learn new systems quickly. The Marketing Manager will have a strong working knowledge of FCA and PECR regulations and must be able to drive. Due to being an FCA regulated business, you will need to pass a satisfactory credit check.
- Provide comprehensive marketing support across the marketing mix, developing initiatives and customer leads by supporting the achievement of new business targets.
- Market and competitor research and data analysis to identify new business opportunities and report on market / business position and trends.
- Provide information; resolve problems and liaise with customers and stakeholders on products and services, ultimately ensuring customer satisfaction.
- To set up and chair meetings with internal or external stakeholders as and when required.
- Using in-bound marketing to ensure that leads are identified for sales team, whilst developing the prospect database in Hubspot.
- Working knowledge of all internal software systems (business and marketing) in order to use to full potential and support marketing activity.
- Working alongside the Head of Marketing to plan, develop and implement sales and marketing strategies and initiatives for the company brands.
- To provide Extranet support as required to ensure the key contacts maximising use of the system.
- To research and develop proposition for all segments and ensure that relevant messages are presented to the key accounts to support managing the relationship using primary and secondary research methods.
- Manage and develop relationships to ensure their needs are met and resolving issues and feeding back to develop internal procedures and providing support as required.
- To represent the brand at a management level and liaison with the team.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the accuracy of data for potential clients.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining the accuracy of marketing collateral and ensuring correct sign off processes are followed.
- To provide Management Information on a monthly and ad-hoc basis as required.
- Manage and develop a small team of marketing staff and provide support to ensure all deadlines are met and undertake regular progress reviews to ensure training needs are met.
- Providing research and development support as the business requires.
- Create and maintain marketing files, records, calendars, logs and other documents to log and review marketing activity.
- Liaise with other areas on administrative and/or operational matters.
- Conduct market research to determine new business opportunities.
- To adhere to the FCA regulations governing the conduct of insurance business.
- To achieve Key Performance Indicators as directed and reviewing and setting team KPIs.
- To maintain professional competence by complying at all times with the Company’s Training and Competency Procedures and supporting new staff to achieve competencies.
- To comply at all times with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, FCA, PECR and GDPR Rules.
- To understand, write and comply with, Quality Management Systems Procedures.
- To conduct relevant presentations and face to face meetings with new and existing clients.
- To raise company profile within the industry.
- To provide presentation support and face to face training to the team and stakeholders as required.
- In depth knowledge of FCA Regulations, gained in a similar working environment.
- Experience in a management role, preferably within the area of marketing management, within the insurance or financial services market.
- Formal marketing experience and qualification.
- A thorough understanding of the insurance market and related schemes and products.
- A successful track record of designing and delivering successful in-bound marketing initiatives or project development from start to completion using marketing automation software.
- Excellent Customer Relationship Management skills with ability to identify and match our products with new and existing customers. Experience of audience segmentation.
- Experience in developing and implementing marketing plans which cover all areas of the marketing mix.
- Experience in customer and competitor research to support the development of new initiatives.
- Ability to persuade and influence and have confidence to chair meetings.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral. Experience of copy writing preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative and organisation skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office packages, especially Excel, are required.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Commercial awareness.
- Strategic and operational planning experience.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Analytical, with ability to problem solve and apply sound judgement.
- Experience in data cleansing and maintenance strategies using marketing automation software, preferably Hubspot.
- Experience in presentation development and delivery to internal and external audiences.
- The role with be based at head office but will require travel to attend external meetings therefore, access to a car is essential.
Keywords: Marketing, manager, insurance, financial, FCA
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds