- Salary: Up to £24,000
- Location: Chester, North West
- Contract: Permanent
Working for this well-established company with offices across the North West, the Group Accounts Assistant will be working within a developing group structure, initially learning how the organisation works. Longer term, the successful Group Accounts Assistant will be taking on a more comprehensive leadership role – managing a small team; advising on key business strategies and projects; presenting to and engaging with senior stakeholders. This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Accounts professional to progress in their career, with rewards including a discretionary bonus scheme, discounted gym membership, recognition and reward schemes, company-wide social events, and industry-specific training.
To apply for the Group Accounts Assistant role, you will possess broad accounts experience, ideally gained in a professional services environment. The successful Group Accounts Assistant will be qualified to AAT level 3. You will be ambitious, able to drive change in a team, and possess the gravitas and confidence to deal with people at all levels, including presenting to Board members.
You will be working within a developing group structure across multiple client, office and accounts. Initially you’ll be learning how the organisation works – recording high volumes of financial transactions, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and liaising with internal and external clients at all levels. Longer term you’ll be taking on a more comprehensive leadership role – managing a small team; advising on key business strategies and projects; presenting to and engaging with senior stakeholders.
· Liaising with colleagues and Directors regarding day to day accounts administration and cashiering queries
· Taking payments from clients over the phone
· Making and receiving TT and BACS payments.
· Raising and posting bills
· Raising cheques, ensuring company procedures are followed
· Daily banking, managing petty cash accounts and maintaining the purchase ledger
· Bank reconciliations
· Assisting with VAT returns
· Assisting with outsourced payroll and internal payroll queries
· Assisting with annual audits and liaising with external auditors
· Carrying out month and year end closing procedures
· Wide-ranging accounts experience, ideally from within a professional services organisation (around 5 years’ experience is ideal, although all applications will be considered on merit)
· AAT level 3 would be desirable
· Confident and effective communicator, able to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
· A self-starter who is looking to develop their own skills as well as mentor others
· Strong team player with a positive, customer focussed approach
· Attention to detail with high levels of accuracy and output
· Effective organisation skills with the ability to prioritise
Keywords: Accounts, finance, AAT, purchase ledger, sales ledger, VAT
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds