- Salary: Dependant on experience
- Location: Chester
- Contract: Permanent
Working within this successful and expanding business, the Graphic Design Assistant will be working within a fast-paced marketing team to produce quality, engaging designs, which are relevant and on-brand for both offline and online channels. We are looking for a candidate who has a passion for graphic design and who has demonstrated an ability to translate this into engaging marketing. You’ll be joining a successful and growing team where you will be given training and challenges that will help develop your skills and career.
The Graphic Design Assistant will work for a well-established company with a Head Office in Chester, who pride themselves on the bespoke service they offer customers. Providing trusted advice, ensuring clients receive the best product at the best price, this award-winning company has received the prestigious accolade of being a Sunday Times Top 100 Small Company to Work For.
To apply for the Graphic Design Assistant, you must have a Graphic Design degree (BA Hons) or a recognised Graphic Design qualification, along with at least 1 year’s employment or experience designing for both print and digital. The successful Graphic Design Assistant will possess skills in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
The ideal candidate will be chosen to work within a fast-paced marketing team to produce quality, engaging designs, which are relevant and on-brand for both offline and online channels. Designs must be inspiring and meet the high standards expected. A keen eye for detail and creative flair are key to this role. The candidate will be able to alter the style of design dependent on which of the brands they are designing for, to meet tight deadlines, react quickly and work both independently and within a team
• Produce print-ready artwork for direct mail pieces to meet deadlines, including brochures, magazines and advertising
• Produce artwork for branded websites to ensure key placement is secured. Artwork requirements include: websites, social media, blogs, e-newsletters
• Work alongside the Copywriting and Marketing team to ensure all content is created in line with editorial guidelines and house style
• Assist the Design team and Marketing Managers to think up new, inspiring ways of creating artwork that will help achieve commercial targets and reach a wider audience
• Monitor brand guidelines and consistency
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple projects whilst working to tight deadlines.
• A Graphic Design degree (BA Hons) or a recognised Graphic Design Qualification.
• At least 1 year’s employment or experience designing for both print and digital.
• Full working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
• Creative Flair
• Deadline driven
Keywords: Graphic design, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for thisparticular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds