- Salary: £41,000
- Location: Chester, North West
- Contract: Permanent
Working for this award-winning business in Chester, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for the financial management and reporting of existing and new companies acquired and will be responsible for the financial reporting of specific head office departments. The company’s success has been recognised both within and beyond their industry, having won a prestigious “Best in Industry” award for the last four years, and have been recognised by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the “1,000 companies to inspire Britain”. The Financial Accountant will be rewarded with a staff pension, private medical insurance, death in service scheme, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, long service awards and staff discount.
To apply for the Financial Accountant role, you will possess an accounting qualification or be studying for your ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification. The Financial Accountant will have credible knowledge of the issues facing the business on a day-to-day basis and in the longer term and be able to pro-actively develop and improve business processes whilst maintaining the company’s professional image.
· Supporting existing finance team with accounting requirements for existing acquisitions/brands and continuing ownership of the financials, to include operational accounting and the full financial forecasts and results
· Liaising with and providing head office support to staff at the acquisition sites
· Assisting with the month end finance report issued to the Board
· Supporting external audit requirements
· Producing the individual company year-end statutory accounts and assisting with production of the year end statutory consolidation and statutory consolidated accounts compliant with FRS101/IFRS
· Working with the existing team to integrate the accounting systems for the new business segment into the back office and accounting software
· Acquisition accounting support and follow up
· General acquisition integration support e.g. reviewing processes, transferring systems, general administration.
· Assisting with completion of any returns and other compliance requirements
· Working with the existing team to support projects and other aspects of financial reporting.
· Accounting qualification or training for qualification e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA
· Experience working with Excel to an intermediate (or higher) standard
· Experience working in a commercial finance department
· Attention to detail
· Friendly approach to all members of the organisation
· Highly self-motivated and proactive
· Professional approach and attitude
· Takes ownership
· Maintains focus under pressure
· Demonstrates a positive attitude
· Experience working with Sage 200
Keywords: CIMA, ACA, ACCA, Sage 200, finance, accounting, Accountant
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds