- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Chester
- Contract: Permanent
Our client is a highly successful award-winning company based in a modern office in Chester. They have expanded in recent years and they are set to continue with their steady growth into 2020. Due to this growth, they are looking to add to their busy department with a Financial Accountant. The Financial Accountant will be joining an expanding dedicated team, who are always motivated to deliver timely results to an exceptional standard while maintaining the company’s professional image.
Our client’s success has been recognised both within and beyond their industry, having won a prestigious “Best in Industry” award for the last four years, and have been recognised by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the “1,000 companies to inspire Britain”.
This role will be responsible for the financial management and reporting of existing and new companies acquired and will be responsible for the financial reporting of specific head office departments. The role will require involvement with other ad-hoc projects as and when necessary.
The Financial Accountant will be accountable for delivery in the following areas:
• Supporting existing finance team with accounting requirements for existing acquisitions/brands and continuing ownership of the financials, to include operational accounting and the full financial forecasts and results
• Taking on new acquisitions made and maintaining ownership of the financials, to include operational accounting, and the full financial forecasts and results
• Liaising with and providing head office support to staff at the acquisition sites
• Assisting with the month end finance report issued to the Board
• Supporting external audit requirements.
• Providing financial support to and reporting on the performance of certain head office departments
• Producing the individual company year-end statutory accounts and assisting with production of the year end statutory consolidation and statutory consolidated accounts compliant with FRS101/IFRS
• Working with the existing team to integrate the accounting systems for the new business segment into the back office and accounting software
• Acquisition accounting support and follow up
• General acquisition integration support e.g. reviewing processes, transferring systems, general administration.
• Assisting with completion of any returns and other compliance requirements
• Working with management to specify the accounting requirements of any new developments and managing the go live process and subsequent testing requirements
• Assist in improving processes across the company to increase efficiency
– Accounting qualification or actively training for qualification e.g. ACA/ACCA/CIMA.
– Experience working in a commercial finance department.
– Experience in preparing all aspects of month end/year end and providing clear commentary to support
– Experience of business partnering with other departments and providing meaningful reporting
– Experience of preparing statutory accounts
– Experience of supporting requirements for external audits
– Experience of challenging and changing an existing process
– Experience working with Excel to an intermediate (or higher) standard.
– Attention to detail
– Friendly approach to all members of the organisation
– Highly self-motivated and proactive
– Professional approach and attitude
– Takes ownership
– Maintains focus under pressure
– Demonstrates a positive attitude
– Experience working with Sage 200 and/or SAP
– Experience of M&A and integration processes
– Experience in budgeting
– FRS101/IFRS experience
KEYWORDS: accountancy, finance, Sage, SAP, ACCA, ACA, CIMA
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds