- Salary: £25-30,000
- Location: Chester, North West
- Contract: Permanent
Working for this award-winning business in Chester, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the management of the Ledgers and Treasury finance team, driving highly scalable efficiencies across the team and managing existing and new accounting processes.
The company’s success has been recognised both within and beyond their industry, having won a prestigious “Best in Industry” award for the last four years, and have been recognised by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the “1,000 companies to inspire Britain”. The Finance Manager be rewarded with a staff pension, private medical insurance, death in service scheme, enhanced maternity and paternity pay, long service awards and staff discount.
To apply for the Finance Manager role, you will be AAT qualified (or equivalent) – and ideally qualified or studying for ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent. You will possess management experience working within a Finance/Accounts department specifically within purchase ledger and treasury. The Finance Manager will have experience with cash flow reporting and with other elements of finance administration.
Managing and supporting the Treasury and Purchase Ledger team to ensure all tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
Leading the Ledgers and Treasury team ensuring day to day issues are rectified efficiently and professionally.
Ensuring the appropriate training is provided for the Ledgers and Treasury team
Leading on all tasks associated with Ledger& Treasury finance including: –
Daily bank reconciliations and cash flow documentation to required deadlines
Responsible for core cash flow reporting to Commercial Finance within required deadlines
Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
Monthly formal bank reconciliations
Foreign currency exposure management and purchasing requirements
Processing of supplier, managed services and advertising directory invoices in Sage
End of Day Report checked and processed in Sage
Processing of all payments via BACS / online banking
Management and processing of charge card statements
Direct Debit instructions
Charge backs management
Petty cash management
Purchase Order / Sales Invoice Registers management
Completion of monthly 1-2-1 meetings and half yearly appraisals
Providing relevant training to the Ledger & Treasury team
· Working with the team and alongside other departments to drive efficiencies and improve processes across the team and wider business.
· Supporting the Finance Manager to improve the efficiency of the accounts payable cycle e.g. implementing an electronic PO/invoice system and educating the wider business about the purchasing process
· Understanding the accounting and workload impact of any new processes and working with the Finance Manager and wider business to implement.
· Understanding the accounting and workload impact of the integration of acquisitions and working alongside the Finance Manager, Finance Integration team, Finance Admin team and wider business to integrate efficiently.
· Working closely with the IT team to monitor IT development progress and reduce manual processes.
· Lead and take responsibility for the resolution of any issues raised by the team including liaising with other departments and external contacts to resolve issues pro-actively.
· Implementing recommendations arising from the internal audit review.
· Maintaining and updating process documentation across the team.
· Supporting external audit requests.
· Support in producing the month end and year-end financial and management reports.
· Ensuring the Finance Admin team remains compliant with GDPR requirements.
· Minimum AAT qualified (or equivalent)
· Experience working within a Finance/Accounts Department specifically within purchase ledger and treasury
· Experience managing a team
· Experience working with Excel
· Experience with cash flow reporting
· Experience with foreign currencies
· Ability to help develop and assist others
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritise and organise workloads
· Attention to detail
· Highly self-motivated and proactive
· Professional approach and attitude
· Qualified or studying for ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent
· Experience with the production of reports
· Experience with other elements of finance administration
· Experience working with Sage 200
· Experience answering queries via telephone and email
Keywords: Team Manager, Team Leader, accounts, finance, AAT, ACCA, CIMA, ACA
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds