- Salary: Up to £24,000
- Location: Chester
- Contract: Permanent
Our client is a highly successful award-winning company based in a modern office in Chester. They have expanded in recent years and they are set to continue with their steady growth into 2020. Due to this growth, they are looking to add to their busy department with a Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will be joining an expanding dedicated team, who are always motivated to deliver timely results to an exceptional standard while maintaining the company’s professional image.
Our client’s success has been recognised both within and beyond their industry, having won a prestigious “Best in Industry” award for the last four years, and have been recognised by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the “1,000 companies to inspire Britain”.
This role will predominantly be supporting the Financial Accountants who are responsible for the transaction processing, financial management, reporting and integrating new acquisitions.
Supporting the Financial Accountants and wider finance team with accounting requirements for existing and new acquisitions
• Liaising with colleagues around the business and at the acquisition sites as part of the integration and accounting processes
• Supporting and resolving finance queries from teams at acquisition sites
• Supporting the Financial Accountants with production of full month end financial reports and balance sheet reconciliations for acquisitions, to include operational accounting and the financial forecasts and results
• Assisting the Financial Accountants with production of the year end statutory accounts (including consolidation) compliant with IFRS
• General acquisition integration support e.g. reviewing processes, transferring systems, general administration.
• Supporting external audit requirements.
• Production of monthly bank reconciliations
• Production of daily receipts reconciliation
• Processing of invoices, payments and other financial transactions
• Assisting with completion of any returns and other compliance requirements
• Assist in improving processes across the company to increase efficiency
• Liaising with other departments and supporting ad-hoc requests
• Working with the existing team to support projects and other aspects of financial reporting.
• Working with the existing team to support internal audit requirements
– Minimum – training for or AAT qualified (or equivalent).
– Experience working with Excel to an intermediate (or higher) standard.
– Attention to detail
– Friendly approach to all members of the organization
– Highly self-motivated and proactive
– Professional approach and attitude
– Takes ownership
– Maintains focus under pressure
– Demonstrates a positive attitude
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Experience working with various accounting packages such as Sage 50, Sage 200, Xero.
– Experience working in a commercial finance department
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds