Customer Care Collections Specialist
Paying: £20000 - £23000 Per Annum dependant on experience
Contract Type: Permanent
Sector: Customer Service
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm
This is a great opportunity working for a growing company based on the outskirts of Chester as a Customer Care Collections Specialist. As a Customer Care Collections Specialist and key member of a well organised and highly motivated collections team, you will responsible for collecting and processing arrears payments by phone whilst recognising customer vulnerability and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken.
To apply for the Customer Care Collections Specialist, you must have previous collections experience within a consumer credit environment and desire to take an active part in the future growth of the business.
Company: Company confidential
Role: This role is primarily focused on Regulated and Non Regulated Consumer Loan Portfolios, although support will be required in other areas ensuring consistency in the delivery of collections policies across the business.
- Outbound calls to customers who are not maintaining payments in line with their Agreement with the Lender.
- Collecting and processing arrears payments by phone.
- Utilising negotiation and influencing skills with customers to agree satisfactory repayment plans.
- Utilising forbearance options in line with agreed mandate and TCF principles.
- Recognising customer vulnerability and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken, in line with the relevant policy to drive the best outcome for the customer.
- Liaising with client, customers and various third parties (solicitors, insolvency practitioners, debt management companies) where appropriate and agree satisfactory repayment plans in line with agreed mandate.
- Coaching and mentoring peers to support the growth in knowledge and skill set in the Collections environment.
- Carrying out side by side call coaching ensuring calls are effective and the right outcomes are achieved for both the client and the consumer in line with agreed services levels, mandates and regulations.
- Reviewing arrears performance data to define and manage outbound calling campaigns to maximise recoveries.
- Liaising with the client to discuss strategies for the management of the performance of their portfolio.
- Manage and resolve inbound queries
- Ensure all customer administration is dealt with efficiently and within quality guidelines
- General customer account maintenance
- Accurately log all customer contact and ensure all cases are updated on the appropriate systems in a timely fashion
- Respond to ad hoc requests from internal management and external clients i.e. copy documentation, account information, interrogation of databases and various reporting requests
- Understanding of FCA regulations, CCA and DPA legislation
- Understanding of TCF and AML Principles
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work within a small team and participate in team goals
- Desire to take an active part in the future growth of the business consistently displaying company’s core values
- Ability to keep up to date with technological advances leading to process improvement and efficiency
- Experience in managing Complaints in line with FCA Regulations
- Experience of recognising vulnerability and working with vulnerable customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Keywords: Collections, Arrears, Consumer finance, FCA, TCF, AML
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy