- Salary: £24,000
- Location: Chester
- Contract: Permanent
Working for this thriving business in the heart of Chester city centre, the Credit Controller will be responsible for the financial management and reporting of existing and new companies acquired and will be responsible for the financial reporting of specific head office departments.
To apply for the Credit Controller role, you will have previous experience working within a busy fast paced accounts department along with experience of reporting and collecting debt on a daily basis. The Credit Controller will have credible knowledge of the issues facing the business on a day-to-day basis and in the longer term and be able to pro-actively develop and improve business processes whilst maintaining the company’s professional image.
· Collect outstanding and overdue debt via email and telephone, ensuring that overdue balances are kept to a minimum
· Report on current debt position
· Updating customer management system
· Allocation of payments
· Credit approvals for new and existing accounts
· Handle inbound calls and emails from clients regarding outstanding invoices or payment queries
· Take payments through creation of direct debit orders or transfers
· Update in-house CRM systems with relevant information
· Monitoring of payment agreements
· Monitor payment plans by key clients to ensure regular payments are made
· Escalate any issues or missed payments to relevant team
· Ensure escalation process is used if an agreement cannot be reached
· Supervision of further debt recovery/litigation
· Assisting with completion of any returns and other compliance requirements
· Working with the existing team to support projects and other aspects of financial reporting.
· The individual should have at least three years’ credit control experience, preferably in a similar environment
· Excellent negotiator
· Excel skills essential
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Organisational skills and ability to work to tight timescales
· Flexibility to cover other department tasks or assist as required
· Excellent team player
· Good communication skills and the ability to tailor approach to clients, customers, colleagues and management
· Organisational and time management skills – handling day-to-day workload and planning ahead of expected issues or fluctuations in volumes
· Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
· Work well within a team, escalating issues if required and providing support to colleagues
Keywords: credit, credit control, credit controller, finance, FCA, accounts, debtors, collections, ledgers, payments
For more information or to apply for this position please call our recruitment team on 0330 057 7335 or apply online for a call back.
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.