- Salary: DOE
- Location: Shrewsbury
- Contract: Permanent
We are thrilled to be supporting this successful, innovative and progressive accountancy business with their recruitment across Cheshire and Shropshire.
The company pride themselves on driving for success and integrity in all aspects of their activity, getting the best possible outcome for their clients and providing a collaborative, positive working environment for their teams.
The successful Audit Accounts Associate will be rewarded with 25 days holidays, plus Bank Holidays and your birthday off; a buy and sell scheme for holidays; an enhanced company pension; a healthcare plan; life assurance; professional membership fees paid; company events and away days; long service awards; plus many more!
The Audit Accounts Associate will oversee audit and assurance assignments in accordance with International Standards on Auditing (UK and Ireland), ensuring that audit quality and budgeted expectations are met.
The Audit Accounts Associate role includes but is not limited to:
· Execute all aspects of the delivery of larger, more complex audit assignments
· Ensure staff are included in the planning process and appropriately allocated to meet clients demands
· Co-ordinate on-site activity, liaising appropriately with client and manager on issues raised
· Complete, delegating where applicable, audit or assurance procedures as set out in the work programmes
· Ensure work is documented in line with the International Standards on Auditing (UK and Ireland) and Firm procedures
· Execute or closely oversee audit testing in high-risk areas, ensuring testing is prioritised accordingly
· Finalise audit for review, seeking input for areas of concern or judgement
· Review work undertaken by less experienced staff, raising issues in Caseware as appropriate
· Complete amendments to working papers following review
· Source appropriate support and guidance on technical client queries, providing solutions and/or recommendation to manager/RI
· Manage the completion of audit control forms, pro-actively reviewing upcoming assignments and deadlines
· Build and maintain client relationships
· Manage and maintain positive client relationships, responding to queries promptly
· Provide work progress updates to the client at each stage of the file throughout fieldwork
· Provide recommendations for improvements in client’s processes through raising management letter points, ensuring recommendations are discussed with the client in a timely manner
· Contribute and where applicable lead client meetings
· Recognise and respond to clients’ business needs, providing quality advice on all aspects of the assignment, working with the wider assignment team
· Act as the main point of contact to support the end-to-end client experience
· Oversee production and delivery of client facing documents
· Review and finalise client meeting agendas, service plans and the audit clsoe memorandum for review
· Ensure close memorandum is kept up-to-date by all team members and that the client is aware of any points raised throughout the fieldwork
· Ensure any specific technical points or issues are discussed with the client and a conclusion reached where possible before inclusion in the audit close memorandum
· Ensure all amendments are completed on client facing documents following review
· Ensure key documents are distributed to the client at appropriate stages of the audit
· Be ACA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience
· Caseware experience is desirable but not essential
· Have excellent attention to detail
· Have extensive experience of working within professional practice
· Have a strong understanding of UK GAAP
KEYWORD: ACA, ACCA, GAAP, audit, compliance, accounts, accounting, accountancy
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven’t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.